Sunday, July 19, 2009

Free lecture notes, exams, and videos from MIT.


Unlocking Knowledge, Empowering Minds.”

I have been working on a database for an application that is to be used at my office for recruiting and after a while I decided to break on YouTube. If I am not on Education Channel then it will be Google TechTalk, just to be updated as to what the rest of the world is doing as far as IT and Science is concerned.

Today I landed on something I though of sharing with the rest of you. It is the MIT OpenCourse Wave (OCW). OpenCourseWare is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.

After clicking around, I reallied that this can be a good resource especially to countries where we do not have access to update academic materials. What is more fascinating is that you can mirror the content. I can only imagine how this will be of use for universities in my home country, especially engineering courses where things change on a daily bases. I will be more than happy to work with any universities or colleges to try and figure out how to mirror this material. There is a number of countries in Africa that are already mirroring these materials. Let take advantage of this source of information.

One step further, the content can be localized to your language. As I was going through this site, I learned that there is so much in OCW than I thought. Please pay a visit to this site and see how you can take advantage of these open available materials.

“Unlocking Knowledge, Empowering Minds.”

No comments:

Post a Comment